A place to discover, learn and advance meat science for students of all ages and companies of all sizes.
The meat and poultry processing plant accommodates all meat processing (fresh through ready-to-eat) functions within a single building.
Core functions and features of the facility include:
- USDA-FSIS inspection
- Sanitary design principles
- Red meat and poultry harvest
- Carcass spray- and ultra-chill
- Fabrication and further processing
- Thermal processing
- Post-thermal processing
- Commercial CO2 stunning
- Fully functional chemistry lab
- Sensory booths for product evaluation
- Product shelf-life display with RGBW LED lighting
- Utilities include electricity (up to 480V/200A), reverse osmosis water, culinary steam, CO2 liqueur and gas, compressed air, and wire/wireless networking
- Classroom with theater-viewing of refrigerated displays
- Full A/V integration between processing plant, classrooms, and on/off campus with two-way interactions
- Collaboration room for clients and guests
For inquiries, contact Meat Plant Operations Manager, Dillon Walker.